Apple & Cheese Sweet Potato Pancakes
Published on March 8, 2016 | In Away From Home Cooking Contest, Cooking Contest | By Extended Stay America |0 Comments
- Cook Time
- (4 /5)
- 1 rating
- 16 oz frozen Sweet Potato Tots/Round
- 1/2 cup grated apple, with skin
- 1 cup Colby-Jack Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon BBQ Rub/Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour, optional (used to help bind the mixture better)
- 3 tablespoons Honey (reserve 1 tablespoon for dipping sauce)
- 1/3 cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- In a medium mixing bowl, crumble sweet potato tots directly into bowl. Add apple, cheese, 1/2 t BBQ seasoning, salt, honey, and eggs. Mix until combined. Optional, add flour to help bind the mixture together.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet. While at medium heat, add enough oil to almost coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Take 2 tablespoon size of the potato mixture and spoon into hands. Squeeze into a tight meatball. Flatten the ball into a small disc. Place about 4-5 in the skillet and cook about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from pan and place on plate tented with aluminum foil. You will be making 5-6 batches. Continue adding additional oil after each batch.
- Dipping sauce: While the sweet potato cakes are cooking, combine the mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1/8 teaspoon BBQ seasoning. Mix until well combined. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Once all the sweet potato cakes are cooked, serve warm with dipping sauce. You can also sprinkle a little of the BBQ seasoning for an added kick.
- Can be served as a side dish to any meal or even as an appetizer.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...