Baja Fish Taco Tortas with Smoky Cilantro Slaw
Published on March 8, 2016 | In Away From Home Cooking Contest, Cooking Contest | By Extended Stay America |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 cups shredded cabbage mix
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pit removed
- 4 tablespoons salsa verde
- 1 lime
- 1 pound cod
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 Torta or Bolillo rolls, split in half
- 1 - 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the shredded cabbage, ranch dressing, hot sauce, chopped cilantro and ½ teaspoon salt. Stir until the slaw is well mixed.
- In a small bowl, place the peeled avocado, salsa verde and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using a fork, roughly mash and mix together
- Take half of a lime and cut it into wedges to serve with the finished tortas.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle the cod with the cumin, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. When the oil is hot, add the fish to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes. Flip the fish and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily and is opaque. Remove the pan from the heat and squeeze the half of lime over the fish.
- To assemble, place the halved torta rolls on each plate. Spread each bottom with the avocado spread and divide the fish evenly between each bottom roll. Add some slaw to each piece of cod and top with remaining torta halves. Serve with lime wedges.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...Recipe by sbatista |
Recipe by Extended Stay America |
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...Recipe by Extended Stay America |