Cheesy Chorizo Skillet Burritos with Cilantro Cream
Published on March 8, 2016 | In Away From Home Cooking Contest, Cooking Contest | By Extended Stay America |0 Comments
- Cook Time
- (4.3 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 4 Chorizo links (8 ounces)
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican-blend cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Oaxaca cheese (optional)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of half a lime
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, cilantro and lime juice. Stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove casings from chorizo links and cook in a large skillet over medium high heat about 7 or 8 minutes stirring to crumble. Drain on a paper towel.
- In the same skillet, add onions and garlic and sauté until onion is tender. Add onion mix to chorizo and stir.
- Wipe out skillet. Place one tortilla in the skillet over low heat.
- Add 1/3 cup Mexican-blend cheese and 1/4 cup Oaxaca cheese in the center of the tortilla. Top with 1/3-1/2 cup chorizo mix. Let cheese melt and remove to a plate.
- Carefully fold opposing sides towards the center and fold over to resemble a burrito.
- It will be somewhat crunch on the outside.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and top with a dollop of cilantro cream.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...