Chicken Breast with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Rapini
Published on March 8, 2016 | In Away From Home Cooking Contest, Cooking Contest | By Extended Stay America |0 Comments
- Cook Time
- (4.5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2-3 Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1 Bunch Rapini (broccoli rabe), may substitute broccoli
- 1 cup Sun Dried Tomato including the olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 cup fresh grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to hot skillet.
- Dredge chicken breast in flour and shake off excess. Add to the hot skillet and brown on both sides. Cook until done. 6-8 minutes or internal temp of 165 degrees. Season sparingly with salt and pepper.
- Remove from skillet and let rest. Reduce heat in skillet.
- Add Sun dried tomatoes with oil to the skillet. May leave out some of the oil.
- Crush garlic and add to pan. Deglaze pan with oil from tomatoes.
- Sauté under low heat until garlic is toasted 2-3 minutes, careful not to burn.
- Blanch Rapini in boiling water until tender. 2-3 minutes then drain water. Cut into bite size pieces.
- After chicken has rested, slice into strips. Combine all ingredients in pan, add Pecorino Romano and serve immediately. Garnish with fresh basil.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...