Firecracker Shrimp Summer Rolls
Published on March 8, 2016 | In Away From Home Cooking Contest, Cooking Contest | By Extended Stay America |0 Comments
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4 /5)
- 1 rating
- 8 ounces frozen peeled pre-cooked shrimp, thawed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 3 scallions, trimmed and sliced into thin strips
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 8 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- Chop shrimp into 1/4 inch pieces, placing them into a small bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, Sriracha, about half of the lime juice, and salt and pepper (to taste). Stir well to combine.
- Sprinkle remaining lime juice onto the sliced avocado and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Line up all of the vegetables side by side to form an assembly line on a plate or cutting board.
- Microwave approximately 2 cups of water on high for 1-2 minutes or until very hot.
- Pour 1 cup of the water carefully into a large plate with a raised edge or a large bowl.
- One at a time, take a sheet of the rice paper wrapper and lay it into the hot water. Flip immediately and let soak for 20-30 seconds or until pliable. Remove the rice paper to a clean surface and quickly blot any excess water with a paper towel.
- In the center, place 1 basil leaf, 1\/8 shrimp mixture,2 avocado slices, a bit of lettuce, and a few strips of cucumber and scallion.
- Fold up the two ends and then roll from one side to the other as tightly as possible, tucking the shrimp and vegetables firmly in as you roll.
- Repeat with each wrapper to make 8 Summer Rolls. Refresh water about half way through with the remaining hot water.
- When all of the rolls are finished, slice each one in half and arrange on a serving plate to serve or refrigerate to serve later.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...