Grilled Dijon Salmon with Paradise Pico De Gallo
Published on March 8, 2016 | In Away From Home Cooking Contest, Cooking Contest | By Extended Stay America |0 Comments
- Cook Time
- (4 /5)
- 1 rating
- 6 pineapple slices, drained
- 1/4 cup reserved juice
- 1 cup tropical fruit, drained, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2/3 cup chopped red onions
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon stone ground Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 salmon fillets, boneless, skinless (4-ounce)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Heat 10 inch skillet to medium and grill Pineapple slices in pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the diced tropical fruit, peppers, and onions. Cover and let sit at room temperature to bring out the flavors.
- Combine 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice, honey, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, and sesame oil in a large zip-lock bag.
- Add salmon to bag and seal. Marinate for 15-20 minutes, shaking bag occasionally.
- Remove fish from marinade bag and sprinkle with a pinch of the sea salt.
- Grill in skillet over medium-high heat until fish flakes easily, about 7-8 minutes each side.
- Place pineapple rings back in pan just to heat through.
- Place one pineapple ring on plate and top with a piece of salmon (or you can place it on top of the salmon) use a slotted spoon, top the small salmon portions with a mound of tropical Pico de Gallo.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...