Published on March 8, 2016 | In Away From Home Cooking Contest, Cooking Contest | By Extended Stay America |0 Comments
- Cook Time
- (2.5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast cubed
- 1 pound smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 2 cans of pinto beans (15 ounces each), undrained
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15 ounce), undrained
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounce spicy tomato sauce or picante sauce)
- ½ cup Water or chicken stock
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped or 1 tablespoon jarred
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons oil (corn, canola, rice, or bran)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent but not brown.
- Remove from heat and empty into Dutch oven and add un-drained beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken stock or water, bay leaf and thyme. Stir well and cover. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer on low heat or 30 minutes.
- While ingredients simmer, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a the nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Place ½ pound of the sliced smoked turkey sausage in pan and cook both sides until brown. Remove from pan and add second ½ pound batch of sliced smoke turkey sausage and repeat.
- Remove both breast lobes from the Rotisserie chicken and cut into cubes.
- After contents in the Dutch oven pan have simmered 30 minutes, stir in the cubed chicken and sausage into the Dutch oven, cover and heat an additional 15 minutes on low heat.
- Serve with fresh parsley (optional) and honey corn bread.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...