sautéed apples supreme
- Cook Time
- (4 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 small apples or 1 large apple
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice or cider
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cut apples into quarters; remove cores and cut into 1/2-ince-thick slices.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add apples; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine apple juice, brown sugar and cinnamon; pour over apples. Simmer 5 minutes or until apples are tender and sauce thickens. Transfer to serving bowls; serve with ice cream, if desired. Sprinkle with walnuts.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...