Sunny’s BBQ Buffalo Chicken on Texas Toast
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- For the toast
- 1 Pullman loaf, cut into 4 1-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, grated on a rasp
- For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ cup chopped Vidalia onions
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced in to thin strips
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, I like Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or grated on a rasp
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup beer, I like a pilsner
- For the chicken
- 1 rotisserie chicken, white and dark meat shredded
- Make the toast. In a large pan on medium heat add the butter and garlic. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add the toast, soaking up a bit of the butter on one side, then flipping it to the other side to soak up the rest. Toast on one side until a peek beneath reveals a golden toasty color, then flip and toast the other side as well. Remove toast to a plate.
- Make the sauce. In the same pan add the butter, onions and bell pepper. Cook while stirring until tender, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper then add the ketchup, hot sauce, paprika, chili flakes, garlic powder, garlic, brown sugar, stock, and beer. Cook while stirring until the sauce thickens and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the chicken and serve. Add the chicken to the sauce and stir to coat and re-heat. Pour over toast and serve.
- Servings : Serves 4
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...