Sunny’s Chicken Strips, Pesto and Pasta
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- For the chicken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast strips, or breasts cut into long strips like tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces roughly chopped button or wild mushrooms
- For the pasta
- 1 pound rigatoni, cooked al dente
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 2 Roma or plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- Dry marinate chicken. In a large bowl toss together the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add the chicken and toss until all of the sides are completely coated. Rest at room temperature up to two hours.
- Cook the chicken and mushrooms. In a large pan on medium heat add the oil and when it begins to swirl add the chicken strips, mushrooms and cook until golden on one side, the stir to turn. Cook until golden on all sides and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Assemble pasta and serve. In a large bowl toss together the cooked pasta, pesto, and tomatoes. Serve warm or chilled topped with chicken and mushrooms.
- Servings : Serves 4
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...