Sunny’s Cranberry-Glazed Green Beans
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- For the garnish
- ¼ cup walnut halves
- For the green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, thinly sliced on a bias
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- For the sauce
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced or grated on a rasp
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or grated on a rasp
- Zest of 1 orange
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 8-10 sprigs fresh thyme, gently chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Toast the walnuts. In a large dry pan on medium heat add the walnuts and constantly toss until they become shiny, tender and warm throughout (taste as you toast!). Remove to a plate to cool.
- Saute the green beans (you may have to do this in batches). In the same large pan on medium high heat add the olive oil. When the oil begins to swirl add the green beans, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Toss to coat while cooking until bright green, about 5 minutes.
- Make the pan sauce. Add to the pan the cranberries, ginger, garlic, zest, orange juice, thyme, and soy sauce. Toss to coat and cook until the cranberries are tender and the sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with a sprinkle of the toasted walnuts.
- Servings : Serves 6-8
- Course : Side
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...