Sunny’s Grilled BBQ Salmon and Quick Arugula Salad
- Cook Time
- (4.5 /5)
- 1 rating
- For the salmon
- 1 side of salmon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, mesquite
- For the rub
- ¼ cup sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup, plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- For the salad
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- Prepare the salmon. Pat the salmon dry. Place the salmon skin side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil. In a zigzag motion drizzle the liquid smoke over the flesh of the salmon and let rest 5 minutes.
- Rub the salmon. In a medium bowl stir the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sugar. Gently pour the seasoning blend over the entire top of the salmon patting it into the flesh evenly. Let rest at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Cook and serve. Drizzle olive oil over the salmon. Place skin side down in a pan on medium heat and cover to cook for about about 6-10 minutes depending on size of salmon. Flake and discard the skin.
- For the salad - Toss and serve. In a large bowl toss the arugula, onion, and olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Serve salad with salmons on top with lemon wedges to spritz.
- Servings : Serves 6-8
- Course : Salad
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...