Sunny’s philly cheesesteak rice bowl
- Cook Time
- 2 servings
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1/2 pound stir-fry beef strips
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder and onion powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced Vidalia or sweet onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 packet microwaveable rice
- 1 roma or plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- Season beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder, as desired. Stand at room temperature 1 hour. Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. When it begins to swirl, add beef, giving space so it sears instead of steams. Cook beef on one side until golden, about 8 minutes. Flip and cook on other side until cooked through, about 6 minutes more. Remove beef to plate; loosely cover with aluminum foil. Do not clean out the saucepan.
- In the same saucepan, add onions, bell pepper and pinch of salt. Cook, over medium-high heat, until tender and slightly golden on edges, about 8 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon or tongs to plate with beef. Do not clean out the saucepan.
- In the same saucepan over medium heat, add flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add cream; cook until thickened. Add cheese and hot sauce; stirring constantly. Keep warm on low.
- Prepare rice according to the package directions. Divide rice into 2 bowls; top evenly with beef, peppers and onions, and drizzle of cheese sauce. Top with chopped tomatoes to serve.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...