Sunny’s Sausage and Spinach Soup
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Medium
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces spicy Italian sausage, remove from casing if needed
- ½ cup Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 ounce baby spinach, gently chopped
- In a pot on medium heat, add the oil, sausage, and onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook the onions and sausage until brown.
- Add the tomatoes and continue stirring until the color turns a deep red. Add the broth, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the spinach until just wilted.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...