Published on March 8, 2016 | In Away From Home Cooking Contest, Cooking Contest | By Extended Stay America |0 Comments
- Cook Time
- (2.7 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 1.25 pounds ground turkey
- 1 1/4 packet taco seasoning mix plus ½ teaspoon
- 1 large Jalapeno pepper (1/2 diced and seeded, half sliced) divided
- 1 large avocado, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- Juice of one fresh lime
- 6 soft flour taco shells (regular or whole wheat)
- 1 cup bottled taco sauce (mild or hot)
- 12 ounces Shredded Monterrey-Jack cheese blend, reduced fat or regular
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes (yellow or red or a combination)
- 1/2 cup sour cream, reduced fat or regular
- Add turkey to a large skillet prepared with cooking spray and brown for five minutes
- Mix packet taco seasoning with 2 1/2 cups cold water. Stir and pour into turkey mixture.
- Bring to boil and reduce to simmer, about five minutes until sauce is thickened.
- Add the seeded and diced jalapeno (reserve the slices) to the meat mixture. Stir and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Mash the avocado with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the taco seasoning. Add the lime juice. Stir and set aside.
- Lay the taco shells into a microwave safe dish and cover each shell with equal parts of the mashed avocado.
- Top with the turkey meat and drizzle each with a little of the taco sauce (reserve the rest for topping).
- Add a sprinkling of cheese and a few diced tomatoes. Fold each taco shell over to create the appearance of a soft taco.
- On top of each "tacolada", add equal parts of the remaining sauce and more cheese.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds (uncovered) for each two tacoladas that you prepare. Repeat for other servings.
- Plate and top hot tacoladas with more diced tomato, sour cream and the sliced Jalapeno.
For quicker prep, buy bagged broccoli florets. For more cheese...
A chicken quesadilla is a great way to use up...